We are now able to offer 7-Day-A-Week FREE Next Day Delivery on all in-stock barbecues and furniture under 30kg nationally (exclusions apply).
This option will only be available when:
• The value of your order is £50.00 or over excluding meat orders.
• All the items ordered are in-stock in our Hertfordshire warehouse
• Next Day Delivery option is available via DPD to your delivery postcode (items under 30kg and less than a metre in length).
• You place your order before 3pm on Monday to Friday
• You place your order before 1pm on a Saturday for Sunday Delivery
• You place your order before 1pm on a Sunday for Monday Delivery (excludes bank holidays)
• If your delivery postcode is not covered, the option will not appear in checkout
• We cannot guarantee 100% next day delivery, but 99% of our deliveries do arrive the following day. If for any reason, it is missed we will endeavour to deliver it the day after
• We offer a Saturday and Sunday Delivery on all products for customers within the M25.
• We offer a same day delivery if you order a Genesis BBQ, Summit BBQ or SmokeFire BBQ before 1pm for customers within the M25.
For all other orders, please see below.
Orders placed on the weekend or on bank holidays will not be dispatched until the next working day.
Standard delivery 2-3 working days £4.99
Next-Working Day delivery £6.50 (Next-Working Day deliveries can arrive any time between 08:30 and 18:00)
FREE Delivery for orders over £50.00 (excludes orders which include 40% off or more sale items and meat orders).
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a more specific time of delivery as it depends on the courier's delivery routes on the day. If you do require a timed delivery please choose one of our other delivery options whilst going through the checkout where available:
Pre-10:00 am Delivery
For prices on these additional services please add your item to the basket and you will then be able to get a shipping quote when viewing the basket (price depends on the size of the item and delivery postcode).
Some areas of mainland Scotland may take up to 3 working days for delivery (It is advisable that you check with us prior to ordering). Other exceptions apply including delivery to certain postcodes in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Not Mainland UK?
Simply add your items to basket, and when you view your basket you will be able to enter your postcode for a shipping estimate.
PLEASE KINDLY NOTE:
Some postal codes in Mainland Scotland may incur an extra Delivery Charge and possibly an extended lead time (up to 3 working days). These extra delivery charges have been added from the delivery company to us, and with regret, we are unable to waiver these extra charges on your behalf. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01992 514778 for more information.
Orders placed before 3pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched on the same working day. Please be aware that couriers are often stretched to full capacity during the summer months and delays can occur. We ask that you be forgiving in the event that the item is delayed. If the item is urgent, please call us on 01992 514778 to notify us in advance of your order.
We deliver Monday to Friday using external courier companies (DPD, Palletways and TNT) and Royal Mail for smaller items and a signature is required on all deliveries. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays) for delivery on Tuesday.
We can deliver to places of work or to a neighbour in the event that you will not be home when delivery is expected. Please call us on 01992 514778 to specify details and specific delivery date (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
Our couriers do not operate on bank holidays, religious holidays and national holidays so please take this into account when calculating when to expect delivery.
Please note: If a delivery is refused and returned back to us, a re-delivery charge will need to paid to re-arrange the delivery. Our couriers will attempt to deliver a maximum of 3 times (except for large items delivered on a pallet - see below). If unsuccessful, your order will be returned to us and a re-delivery charge will need to paid to re-arrange the delivery.
For bulky items arriving on a pallet, we will automatically book this on for next working day delivery as above. If you are not in to receive delivery on the given day you will be charged for a re-delivery. Please note that these items (arriving on a pallet) will be delivered to the address kerbside or nearest door/access point if this is logistically possible and under the discretion of the delivery driver. The Riverside Garden Centre uses external delivery companies and therefore cannot expect (and it is not the responsibility of) delivery personnel to assist with the moving and handling of your item into houses, doorways, outbuildings or garages etc. When ordering bulky items, please ensure you have the means to handle these items when delivery is received and that you are able to dispose of the packaging material appropriately.
- We cannot supply/deliver gas for BBQs due to health and safety issues.
- Smaller accessories ordered with BBQs may be sent within the BBQ boxes to ensure all items are delivered together.
- Although items sent via Royal Mail are sent 1st Class, we cannot guarantee next day delivery on these items.
- Larger items will be shipped on pallets with Palletways, so please take this into account when ordering particularly heavy or large items.
- Please note, items will be, wherever possible sent in their original packaging which displays the items on the outside. We do this to minimise wasted packaging and try to lower our carbon footprint.
Should you require more discreet packaging please contact us immediately after placing the order and we will try to accommodate your request.
- International Delivery
We offer international delivery to the following countries for items under 30kg.
• Austria - £25
• Belgium - £25
• Czech Republic - £25
• Denmark - £25
• France - £25
• Germany - £25
• Italy - £30
• Poland - £25
• Portugal - £30
• Spain - £25
Please add the items to your basket and be sure to select your country in the checkout process when entering your delivery information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I order something even though I live overseas?
A. We are shipping to the EU countries listed above for items under 30kg and your order can be placed online. Please call us on +441992 514778 or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss deliveries to any other EU country or if the item is over 30kg and we will arrange to give you a quote. We do not ship to countries outside of the EU at this time.
Q. Do I have to be in to sign for my goods?
A. Yes, a signature is required on all parcel deliveries. If you know you will be unable to sign for your goods, please arrange for a neighbour to accept these on your behalf and inform us of the details so we can pass these on to the couriers prior to delivery. Alternatively, in most cases, your good can be delivered to a place of work or friend/neighbour.
Q. What if I am not likely to be in on the expected day of delivery?
A. There are several options available to you aside from delivering to an alternative address to your billing address.
1. Request an alternative delivery day by calling us on 01992 514778 (any weekday excluding bank holidays or public holidays. Saturdays can be requested at a premium).
2. Arrange for a neighbour to accept delivery on your behalf.
Normal parcels will be delivered on 3 consecutive days if you are not home. If unable to deliver on the third day, you will be carded and the parcel will be held for a limited time at the nearest depot, available for pick-up. If the item is not picked up within a reasonable timeframe, the item will be sent back to us and you will be liable for all charges incurred.
Pallets will only be delivered once. If you are not home and it needs to be re-delivered, you will be liable for the charges.
Q. Can I specify a specific delivery time/day or weekend delivery?
A. Any specific weekday can be specified on standard orders for delivery although we cannot guarantee delivery times (as standard we delivery on a next working day basis on MOST items - however, to request an alternative delivery day, please specify by calling us on 01992 514778). If you require a timed or Saturday delivery, these can be requested when going through the checkout process. Please note that pallet and parcel deliveries will have different premiums.